Monday 25 March 2013

THE ANT AND THE ELEPHANT

THE ANT AND THE ELEPHANT Once an ant was walking home On a brighter summer day Then an elephant came that way Shaking head and ears sway. Seeing an ant on his lazy path Sneezed and asked the ant in wrath O Foolish , feeble ,tiny mite? How do you dare my way to stand? Don’t you know my vigour and might I am hailed the biggest on land? I can shake and uproot trees Easier than a storm can seize I can crack and crush many hills Where many a tiny creature fills What such eminence hold you with That made you bold on my royal path?” Told the ant then tapping ham, “O’great elephant, humble I am I can’t do such mighty tasks But simply do some humble tasks I can ride on you with ease But could you ride on me with ease Ican climb on top of a tree And rest on a leaf,swings in breeze Ican build an anthill well And sit at ease on top so well I can make any big body Restless with a single bite. Could you do such simple things As I do with ease and joy The elephant lost his word and pride So silently he walked away. -B K SUDHA NEDUNGANOOR B K Sudha Nedunganoor, Trivandrum, Kerala

No comments:

Post a Comment